Friday, March 28, 2008

the death of a friend and a new friend brought home.


It is sad to say that our little snowflake lost her battle with the cold she had. she passed away in the night two days ago. Yesterday I went to the pet store to find my little Marty a toy and instead found myself watching the parakeet cage. Just watching them all play and fight and enjoy their little lives. One little green and yellow keet had me watching her because of how feisty she was! She would toss her toy and then chase it! Also she was trying to step on the other keets it was so funny she looked like she was karate kicking them! It had me cracking up! needless to say I had to bring her home. She managed to bite me while in the car. IT HURT!!!

Glenn met our newest family member and was eager to hold her. I said NO She bites hard! But he didn't listen to me and sure enough! CHOMP!!! I was trying to think of some cute little name like sarakeet or sara sue. But Glenn said NOPE!!! MAB is her new name. Mab: mean a$$ bird! so that is her name and it really has applied! maybe with time she will learn to love us.

No comments: